Welcome to the Dominican University Transfer Guides
We welcome students at all stages of their educational experience at Dominican University. We focus on making your transfer to Dominican an uncomplicated process. That's the Dominican University difference!
to view the transfer guides.
Terms and Conditions
- Up to 68 semester hours are accepted in transfer and applied toward the degree from community colleges, and up to 90 semester hours from four-year colleges and universities. A maximum of 90 semester hours transfer (community college + four-year colleges/ universities) will be applied toward the required 124 semester hours.
- Each academic department will determine the number of hours accepted toward the major and minor from other institutions. Therefore, acceptance of a course in transfer does not automatically indicate acceptance of the course toward a major or minor.
- Only four (4) semester hours in Physical Education, Health, and Recreation courses can be applied toward the 124 semester hours required for the degree.
- Courses required for the major/minor and courses in the major/minor will not be accepted in transfer unless a grade of “C” or better has been earned. Therefore, in some cases, a change in major / minor could alter this evaluation.
- Dominican University participates in the IAI Curriculum. Transfer students will be required to complete LA&S Seminars at Dominican University.
- Students who’ve earned credits from a non-accredited institution may receive up to thirty (30) semester hours of transfer credit after they’ve earned thirty (30) semester hours in residence at Dominican University.
Note: Dominican University reserves the right to make changes, deletions and additions to this listing.